Tablet size phones have become extremely popular in the market recently. These phones are now referred to as ‘phablets’ or ‘phone + tablets’. Samsung Galaxy Note 8 which is rumored to be releasing this year (2017) is one of the latest, most technically advanced models of the Samsung Galaxy Note series.
Users will be able to visibly see some differences between the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and the previous Samsung Galaxy Note models. Other than the obvious, external changes, a lot of changes have been made under the hood as well, with faster processor speed, better battery life, energy saving technology and many wonderful features that everyone is eagerly awaiting to unveil.
The basic specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 are:
- Dual camera module; dual lenses for one camera
- Dual sim model of Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- 6GHz Exynos Quad 4 processor
- S pen (It is an input tool that provides a similar feel to an actual pen by detecting the pressure applied on the screen with great accuracy.)
- 8 inch screen with 1280 x 800 resolution.
- 11a/b/g/n 2.4+5 GHz WiFi and WiFi direct.
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB internal memory
- 256 GB external expandable memory
- 4600mAh battery capacity
Pros of using Samsung Galaxy Note 8:
- Faster speed and performance
- Improved battery issues
- Less power consumption with more powerful machine performance
- S pen technology (pressure activated pen technology)
- Split screen multitasking
- High resolution and pixels make it ideal for VR usage
- New AI assistant called Bixby
- Full 4K HD screen display
- Increase in RAM of up to 6 GB
Cons of using Samsung Galaxy Note 8:
- Larger screen size demands higher resolution and pixels
- Specifications state 16 GB internal storage but actual internal storage available is 9.7 GB
- Back cover of the phone is not very comfortable for grip; it can be slippery and dangerous. Susceptible to falls
- Expensive device
- A long wait till September for release of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8
The pros and cons definitely weigh heavily on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. With redefined technology and a redesigned model, Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will be clearing the ill rumoured slate of the Samsung Galaxy Note series. Improved battery performance, bug fixes and constant updates have crafted the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to become one of the best Samsung Galaxy Note phones to be released.
The most awaited feature of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 would be its dual camera module, which features two lenses in its single back camera. This means users will experience better quality photos, more professional looking photos and videos shot by the back camera of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, and also much larger variations while taking out of focus or dual focus pictures on this phone.
The large screen size of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is compensated by its resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels (~773 ppi pixel density) with a 4K Clear HD display, which means perfect, crystal clear screen display no matter how big the screen size is.